VirtualBox is a special program to create a memory PC virtual machines. Each virtual machine can contain an arbitrary set of virtual devices and separate the operating system. Scope of virtual machines is very wide – from performing the functions of software testing to create entire networks, which are easy to scale, and protect the load. VirtualBox is free, open source software.
- VirtualBox can run as a GUI-interface or the command line.
- To expand the functions of the program is designed special set of SDK.
- Parameters of virtual machines are described in XML format and does not depend on the physical computer on which the system operates. Therefore, VMs format VirtalBox easily transferred from one PC to another.
- When using the “guest” computers running Windows or Linux operating systems, you can use special tools which substantially facilitate switching between the physical and virtual computers.
- You can create so-called “shared folders” (Shared folders), which are simultaneously accessible from both of these machines for the quick exchange of files between the guest and the physical PC.
- VirtualBox allows you to connect USB-devices to virtual machines, allowing virtual machines to work with them directly.
- VirtualBox fully supports the remote access protocol RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The virtual machine can operate as a RDP-server, allowing you to manage it remotely.
- The virtual USB 2.0 (EHCI) device; see the section called “USB settings”.
- VirtualBox Remote Desktop Protocol (VRDP) support; see the section called “Remote display (VRDP support)”.
- Intel PXE boot ROM with support for the E1000 network card.
- Experimental support for PCI passthrough on Linux hosts; see the section called “PCI passthrough”.
- How to add extension pack to VirtualBox ?:
- Start the VirtualBox, go to the File menu »Preferences» Plugins and add the downloaded file, with an extension .vbox-extpac
- GUI: translation updates
- GUI: Fixed double mouse cursor when using mouse integration without Guest Additions, actually a Qt 5.6 bug fixed with QT 5.6.3
- Solaris hosts: allow increasing MTU size for host-only adapter to 9706 bytes to support jumbo frames
- Linux hosts: glibc 2.26 compile fix
- Windows Additions: 3D related crash fix
Download File : Direct link